Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

mother of two

it’s quite intimidating to be taking care of two kids alone. a lot of “what if” run through my mind while I’m in the room latching LE.

sbd went out for a wedding dinner and supposedly he wanted to bring LX along but she didn’t nap at my mum’s place the whole of today! expectedly she slept in her car seat while he was driving. usually we will carry her from car seat to her bed, put on a diaper for her and she will sleep through all the way till the next morning.
BUT this time round I heard her coughing in her sleep, quite a bad one with lots of phlegm. Sigh. So one of my “what if” came true, she woke up crying for daddy and kept coughing while I’m still in the room latching mei mei, somehow I hesitated for a moment to go over immediately.
Waited for five minutes, I saw her sitting on her bed coughing till as if she is going to vomit anytime. Quickly grabbed her and off we go to the toilet bowl! Really thank god! she didn’t vomit on her bed but in the toilet bowl. I had to change her, feed her medicine and put her to bed.

mei mei on the other hand was whining quite a fair bit. Probably didn’t have a full feed and hence refuses to sleep. LX told me “mei mei is crying”, so I told her I go pat pat her and will be back.
 at that moment i wish i can split myself into two! 
so this marks my first #soloparenting moments. not too bad since both sleeping right now, hopefully LX will sleep well tonight despite all the coughing.

No comments :