Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

swim | DIY | sew

I find myself checking into dayre these day, must be the nesting instinct kicking in. This little one had a lot of fun at swim class today, I’m really thankful for sister who fetch her there every Tuesday so that we can free up our weekend for family time.

Initially she doesn’t really like going swimming but on the other hand she always request us to show her grandparents her “swim swim” photos. very contradicting!
sis requested a smiling photo but she showed her this cheeky face! I guessed she didn’t nap in the afternoon and I’m so right. On the way back home, she started to be cranky and eventually fell asleep in her car seat. 

That’s the downside of being taken care for by my mum,she totally got no time or the patience to put her to nap sometimes. Especially when my niece and nephews are there. So she slept earlier than her usual bedtime which is supposedly to be 9 and this explains why I’m dayre-ing.
not complaining, enjoying the luxury of time I get to have and also spending time with the husband. sometimes we get too caught up with life and neglected one another, this is so true especially once you have a kid plus “world cup” season.
These few days I have been DIY-ing some materials for little LX. she loves those that I did for her previously and I find that it helps her to remember those words in these little activities. Example: I printed puzzles of mother’s animal pic and get her to match with the baby’s animal pic, she can rem the all the names easily etc. So I got upgraded using my cutter bee scissor from cutting scrapping papers to these. Times have certainly changed!!
one of the days, my neighbour invited me over for sewing and I attempted to sew a cushion cover but is half way done. it seriously got me thinking hard if I should get a sewing machine! I even went to check out the model and was so close to ordering one.
I don’t know what’s holding me back, probably the thought of baby L #2 that is coming along. I might not have the time to utilise the sewing machine completely.
I’m excited to be attending the sewing intermediate class that I have signed up for next week thou! It’s has been on my list of things to do for the longest time plus I managed to teach my neighbour how to sew a off shoulder top successfully. Glad to be putting what I learnt into good use and I must say “YouTube” is a good place to learn sewing! So many useful sewing tutorials and hacks.

No comments :