Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

siblings without rivalry

 Children don’t need to be treated equally. They need to be treated uniquely
“I love you both the same and the pressure that both should get equals amounts (in terms of items) is certainly there”

Ever since mei mei came about, I have been trying my very best to give her whatever that I have given to her jie jie just so to be very fair but instead after reading the above, it truly change my perspective on parenting siblings. 

examples quoted from the book “siblings without rivalry”
these resonated with me so much! I felt that I need to give/treat and love them equally the same. But the truth is that I should love them uniquely because there are just so many things about each of them that are so special and no one can ever replace any one of them.
my girls ❤️
LX has been taking on her “jie jie” duties really well. Alway wants to hold her sister’s hand in the car and often instruct the mei mei to look into her eyes or wants her to “sayang” her. If mei mei didn’t do it she will flare up which is usually the case.
what a demanding jie jie she has! 😅

No comments :