Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

joining the bandwagon on #marrytheperson 

ever since the kids came along, we didn’t have “extra” time for each other and hasn’t gone for a proper date since which I don’t know when. He is on the lowest priorities as compare to the girls and being a mom is already very tiring! BUT I am reminded that I’m also a wife to my husband other than a mom after reading the timely post by @pearlynkmin.
I couldn’t agree more that it is important to keep the “fire” burning in the r/s and so how do we keep falling in love again and again with the same person? To me will be the little things, words and actions that he have done! Without him I won’t have come so far in this phase call “parenthood” and won’t be where we are today.
I am definitely not the most patient and good temper by nature person hence I’m very thankful for him being my better half thou i seldom says it but I do appreciate every little things that he has been doing and still are doing for the odd fifteen over years from being single, married and married with two kids now.
Sharing my version of “marry the person” which serves as a reminder to myself.

Marry the person who puts his family on top priority over everything else. 

Marry the person who wakes up in the middle of the night to help burp/change baby’s diaper.
Marry the person who doesn’t mind coming home to help wash a sink filled with dirty pots, plates and cups after a long day at work.

Marry the person who insist to “tula” the baby just so that you can eat your meal comfortably. 

Marry the person who helps you to blow dry your hair on nights when you are too lazy. 

Marry the person who bend down to tie your shoelaces when it came loose. 

Marry the person who helps to apply bio oil every single day just so that you won’t have stretch marks.
Marry the person who look after the kid all by himself and still bring her to visit your family when you are away for long work trips.

Marry the person who never turns down on your absurd request every single time.

Marry the person who fetches you to go anywhere and everywhere that you want to go.

Marry the person who goes extra miles just to collect/buy things on your behalf.

Marry the person who will buy you cakes and macarons just because he knows you are having a bad day.
There are just too many to list when I come to think of it! My heart is so full, it is like refilling the love tank and got reminded not to take granted of each other and on the things that we already had.
We are not perfect beings, we too have our fair share of argument,quarrels and on things that we don't see eye to eye to. There are also times where we are too consumed with life that makes us forget how much effort we have put in to get to where we are today but at the end of the day it is these little things that counts. ❤️
dug out this almost ten year old photo and oh man, how young we look! met and fall in love in school was the greatest thing that had ever happen for me even thou I didn’t mention it before. (don’t think he is reading anyway) So one last one.....

“marry the person who says he still love you even when you put on a lot of weight after pregnancy!” 😂

No comments :