Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Full Month Celebration

.
feeling really emo about not capturing enough photos of her and with her today. how i wish I could turn back time for now. totally regret not hiring a photographer 😭
nothing excites her more than a rainbow cookie. it kept her still for at least a while for photos.
I received comments along the lines “oh mei mei is prettier than jie jie!” today by relatives/colleague and I was thinking inside of me like “hello! both are my daughters and they are pretty in my eyes.” all just because LX has a birthmark on her face doesn’t make me love her less! I know some people are judgemental but the least they can do it to keep the comments to themselves. I seldom rant but seriously don’t feel good about it.
the one and only family photo that we have. blamed sbd for it since he rejected the idea of having a photographer plus is hard to get this since it was not taken by my camera 😑
the guests are intrigued by the way she sleep and how soundly she slept in the temporary cot despite all the noises!
.
this is the vendor that I have used for those who are asking. They are very accommodative in all my absurd requests and the price are relatively reasonable. This is my first time engaging vendor to setup dessert tables thou I very much would like to do it myself but with two kids a bit tough. But still I’m very much involved in it, just not doing the hands and legs work.
disclaimer first ok, some of the props belongs to mine like the rainbow blocks, name banner etc because my initial plan was to DIY myself but haiya their price is so reasonable and I don’t have the time to paint those crates. So I told them specifically what I wanted. Example: Got them to paint the crates for me in pastel colours and also gave them #taobao link to get those pastel balloons because they do not have it. I am super particular when it comes to colours scheme!
As for dessert wise like the rainbow cake, rainbow cookies, cupcakes and macarons I ordered them myself through CharlotteGraceCakes as theirs was not to my liking but they do provide. So is better to check with them if you prefer a one stop service. The only hiccups that I have was the cake melted on the right side after fifteen minutes of displaying out in the air conditioned function room. I’m not sure what’s the reason, luckily it was not that visible but I still find it an eyesore.
I will stick to Bloomsbury bakery the next time! Their cake are so pretty to look at and it tastes really good! I ordered them for LX’s two year old birthday last year. (@winniechia:041017) For those planning birthday can consider them. We didn’t cut the cake thou for full month, we bought it back home to eat ourselves. 😂
For mum to be, I think what make this vendor unique is their baby cot? They have two choices for you to choose from, the hanging one that I picked and this is the other one. Initially I was worried that the elderly might be “patang” about having a cot but luckily all of them told me is such a unique idea and it really helps that the baby have a place to nap throughout the event. Please bring your own cloth/sheet to overlay it for hygiene purposes thou.
I find their service is really good and super accommodative even to my last minute requests of finding a frame to hang the photos but ended up I was too lazy and there was too little prints to hang. So I just anyhow get a frame from home and displayed only one photo. Money well spent since I have received many compliments on the set up. Most of the friends and colleagues asked for their contact too. They definitely helped me in making the pastel rainbow setup that I have wanted/envisioned!
They too do wedding decoration! My friend who is getting hitch in Nov enquired for their services too. Can’t wait to see what they will come up with for theirs.

No comments :