Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Birth Story - LE

0445: sbd bought mac breakfast for me to eat before the fasting time at 5am and both of us went back to sleep after that. getting sufficient rest is important for the sleepless night ahead! 

0730: woke up to do last minute packing and send little LX to school before heading to the hospital. 

0842: oops! super late, just dropped LX to school and now on the way to hospital. Supposed to check in at 9am! hopefully we can make it in time.
0905: done checking in, arrived at our single bedded ward. changed into my hospital robe while waiting for the nurse.
1004: nurse came in to ask some questions, did shaving, check on mei mei’s heartbeat, put on socks and help worn the cap. all set and ready to be wheeled into the OT room. 

This time round we are more or less more prepared thou it’s a different experience because previously we tried natural first before ended up as an e-c sec. #dayrepregnancy #dayremummies
1045: got wheeled in to the cold cold OT theatre and waited for gynae plus my appointed GA aesthetician to come. Wendy Fun from TMC is really good, i don’t feel the pain at all and is all done so fast plus quick that you don’t even realised it when the needle went in. Within minutes I feel all numb and ready for the procedure. Even managed to have a casual chat with my gynae. Is amazing how she have five kids yet still so slim.
Actually this time round seeing all the OT lights bought me back to the day where I did my D&C. I can sense an overpowering flowing of God’s love for LE and how so precious she is through the abundance of grace and mercy that was given throughout this pregnancy. So overwhelmed by the emotions that I teared a little when I saw her.
1116: baby LE greets the world with her loud and fierce cries. Totally different from her big sister. I was being stitched up and wheeled back to the ward after that. This time round I didn’t experience shivers and vomiting at all. her squishy face and she stopped all the cries once I held her in my arms. Still feeling so surreal just by looking at her and I can’t figure out who she looks like.

Weight: 2780 grams 
Height: 46cm
0154: the very first time I breastfed you and very thankful that you latched on like a champion for fifteen minutes. This is where our three hourly routine begins from.

I slept all the way till our next feed, was quite looking forward to seeing LX’s reaction when meeting mei mei for the first time but she decided to sleep so early that we missed the moment. She probably didn’t know that she came to the hospital at all before! Shall try again tomorrow morning when she wakes up.
we also make a decision that both SBD and LX shall head back home to sleep for the nights instead of staying at the hospital. so this is my “me time” now that LE is back to the nursery till the next feeding time. 

I’m really liking all the nurses here, so helpful and pro breastfeeding. They make sure baby suckle before they leave the room instead of telling me that baby is sleepy/not hungry etc. Thank God I managed to squeeze out colostrum baby on the first day too.
0736: I was finally given drinks of all kinds after gynae gave the approval. Milo, water, ginger tea and longan tea! didn’t eat or drink anything since 5am and so can you imagine the happiness when I also see a small slice of pandan cake that came in 😂
our very first photo with mei mei. don’t ask me why but my hair is really in a mess! sbd didn’t even tell me. 😱 ok I’m just done feeding LE and going to catch up with some sleep before the next. so sleepy and hungry!

No comments :