Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

DIY Party Planning 🎉

i have too many drafted posts!

Had wanted to post them, just can't find pocket of time to do it. Felt a need to dedicate my time to LX and hub when I'm back, so these few days I'm more active at IG story.

We had a mini birthday celebration for her Terrific-TWO on Sunday. Seriously where did all the time go? It certainly doesn't felt like its been 2 years.
The birthday theme had to be none other than her favourite bunny 🐰! The color theme in my mind was pink and white with a tinge of floral. This was the invite that was being sent out.
We decided to host a small party because both of immediate family alone already had like 25 odd pax. Quite impossible to host it at our tiny home and difficult to find a restaurant that can accommodate all of us. Neither did we want to split up the celebration into two different separate occasions.

Condo function room is the best alternative for us. Thankfully we managed to book the one just opposite our house. I jokely told our church mates we are staying in HDB but having condo facilities.
Last year I did some giant fruits 🍉 🍍 🍌 origami for her big ONE and I'm still very much in love with them. They are almost the same size like LX back then.

#winnieDIY
This year I attempted to do giant bunny origami but failed terribly at it! I just couldn't follow the instructions that were given, it's pretty daunting and confusing. In the end I gave up. Too time consuming too.

I would love to try making it again when I have more time cause they are just too cute to look at! Plan A failed. So I executed Plan B and that is to look/buy those walking rabbit balloons.

#dayremummies #DIY #dayreDIY
this looks quite cute right and totally matching the theme of the party.

Tried searching on Taobao and walking balloons cost about $3 each. This particular white rabbit cost $10 each. I didn't know walking balloons are so expensive! I always see Insurance co. giving out as free gift during roadshows and I thought it cost at most a dollar or something but it wasn't.
I managed to search for a Aussie seller that is selling it in white and at a reasonable price. Since I have colleague going over to Chicago the same time as me, I have asked them to help me get it.

So I was happily thinking that I have settled the balloons and are good for the party as I wasn't planning to prepare goodies bag due to the time constraint. Balloons and bubbles are sort of the replacement for goodies bags.
when I opened up, it was all blue balloon rabbits! was a little upset and they wasn't very cheap. I think the seller put a white rabbit photo and didn't state the colour at the point of purchase on the website.

these two are the commonly found colours in all the websites that I have come across. just doesn't make sense that rabbit is in blue and pink eh! so my colleague requested for a refund and was asked to shipped the balloons back. The balloons had to travel back to Aussie again!
The story of the walking rabbits finally ended.

Plan B failed too and I don't have any backup plan!
This was what I lugged back for the trip for this party. A pastel pink scallop cake stand and alphabet banner which I first spotted at papermarket. Probably got it half the price than in SG.

This cake stand is pretty amazing, it is made of plastic and you can use it in many different ways! Use it for cupcakes with the two side stands etc. It comes with various attachment which are hidden just underneath the reverse side. So light weight and can be kept easily.
This is how the banner looks like. Would have thought it made of better quality paper but no is just normal paper. 😂 The pastel color made up for it.
#taobao literally has everything. never stop amazing me with what I can find from TB!

🐰 bunny photo frame.
🐰 cutest bunny DIY balloons
🐰 pastel pink felt bunny garland.
🐰 cupcake 🐰 and floral toppers
🐰 Bunny bubbles

I was quite shocked that this set of bubbles that I ordered from #taobao came without the soapy liquid. I remembered vividly that last year when I bought those fruits mini bubble gun it does come with the liquid. So strange! I had to go party shop to get the liquid and get them filled up. A lot of work eh.
2 years ago.
Gosh. This have to be the most hideous photo of myself! Hubs sent me this photo which pops up on FB with his own caption to me "round round". He commented that LX inherited my 3 layers of fat gene cause I can't even see my own neck! At that time, I have only managed to lose 3kg out of the 15kg that I have gained. So depressing 😂

#dayrebabies
my FB show up these set of photos.

the room then.

#dayrehomes
preparing for my princess to make her grand entrance. the DIY box that my sister did was used to keep all the ribbons and hairband that LX have.
she is outgrowing her cot soon. she woke up crying last night and eventually settled herself on the mattress. Guess is time get a new bed for her.

No comments :