Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Days In Chicago

First week was kinda mundane, just catching up with sleep, shopping at my favourite shop Zara and was very happy that I managed to squeezed in three sessions of hot yoga. Paid $39 for 31 days unlimited classes at 105F, so worth it!

No major shopping and fancy food till the weekends. I'm happy with simple food like muesli, greek yogurt with granola for breakfast, having lunch at market thyme and dinners are mostly packed back to the hotel.
Been enjoying the so call "single" life here. Having all the free time to me and myself! Sometimes is good to have such trips and get yourself recharge before back to daily grinds. Since I have to be here, just got to make the most out of it and be happy.

Feasting begins when colleagues start coming in over the weekend and the sudden dip in temperature made it so chilly outside.

#dayretravels #chicago
all about food.
omg. random found while searching for the dinner place. pink cupcake ATM! so pretty ain't it. it was already late at night and totally forgotten to take a photo with it.
couldn't resist and succumb into temptation to try out the machine.
even went in the store to pack some for colleagues.
boxes of pre-mixed available for sale too.
take away box.
got the red velvet and cinnamon apple cupcakes for them.
trying out new restaurant this time at Yuzu which appears on the insider news as one of the recommended ones. I would say that it is a restaurant that combines food with art.

#dayrefoodies
this is the dragon roll which have unagi, shrimp and other veg rolled in it. they made a sketch of a dragon out of the sauces.
look at this, they made an art out of the sauces that are supposed to be in this sweet potato sushi. The sauce at the side are supposed to be a combination of mayo, chili and jap sweet sauce.

this is my favourites out of the lot.
Avacado sushi roll
we also ordered salmon and brinjals robotata grilled skewers. the brinjals ones are so so good.
a set of udon soup that comes with a lots of fried as sides. too much and we kinda over ordered, can't finished them. the prices here is so reasonable as compared to the restaurant in downtown.
by now you should know I have a sweet tooth. always on a look out of cupcakes and trying them. tried pumpkin spice cupcake and cheesecake pudding from Magnolia bakery and I must say it is nicer than the cupcakes at Sprinkles. It is not too sweet and just right for me or maybe I just picked the wrong choice from Sprinkles. 😅
Shake shack is in one of the must eat list for every trip and i especially like the strawberry milkshake.
Some other restaurant places which include lyfe kitchen that had this tuna poke with quinoa which taste superb and I officially fallen in love with eating quinoa. Shall do some research on how to make the same.

Another place that I really like is Sunda, they have the nicest Brussels sprouts dish and pork belly steam bun that are so yummy. I'm officially a fatso after binging on food for the last five days, time to cut down and eat normally.
all about shopping
at my favourite hangout place.

I like this checkered frill hem dress which matches quite well with the parka that I bought along.
Tried this cause of the flowers but the sleeves are too long for my petite frame.
this front knot tie top from the kids section cover my tummy really well and rust brownish colour is so apt for the fall.

No comments :