Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2018

celebration.

A day of celebration for both side of our mothers.

Went to Peach Garden for dim sum with in laws and I think the standard of their food drop? Don’t find it nice at all, crystal jade had much nicer dim sum. Definitely won’t be going back anytime soon again!

Then it was an impromptu dinner at my place with my mum and sisters. I quickly went to their nearest ntuc to grab all the ingredients for a steamboat at our place.
This little one is so happy eating the sample yogurt given while we did our grocery run. 

Glad to had pull it through the preparation of dinner while getting the house tidied and cleaned up because it’s a solo parenting night as the hub had a wedding to attend.
Sister had to bring all the induction pots and base cause our house had none! I boiled the broth using chicken + yellow bean + dried squid + liquid from the can of abalone that I opened to celebrate this special occasion! always can’t find a reason to open it up 😂 

This is the spread that I had prepared and so happy that we managed to finished everything that I took out! Yay to not having to keep leftovers cause I’m not cooking next week at all. 

#dayrecooks #dayrehomes
the first can of abalone that we opened at our place!
there are a total of three pieces of abalone and mama was telling me that she had never seen three in a can before? It’s usually two the max in a can! BIL commented that this abalone is so tender and nice, just different from the usual one we had before.

I’m not into abalone and usually we will just buy the usual brand for gifting. My in laws bought these as a gift for my mum during CNY and my mum told us to take it since she have too many cans at home. lol
I just went to google and the brand is call “车轮牌” in mandarin. Apparently is the number one abalone brand? Not sure how true is it but it taste really good!
awesome grandma 👵🏻 with her grandchildren

No comments :